E. L. Doctorow
Saturday, October 15, 2005
E. L. Doctorow talks about The March. It's a historical novel set during the destructive campaign of General William T. Sherman, as he marched with his forces from Atlanta to Savannah toward the end of the Civil War. Doctorow tells Kurt how this new philosophy of "total war" empowered the people it defeated.
Fantastic interview. Love you, Alan! You were one of the main influences for me to get back into acting later ...
Really difficult to convey this as a "sound story" and it was done beautifully. Really compelling.
- Live in-Studio: Dom La Nena
- Alan Cumming & David Kwong
- Here Lies Love & Deaf Theater
- David Kwong: Magic Word Nerd
- Isabella Rossellini's Mammas
- Sarah Sze and the Venice Biennale
- Lois Lowry Confirms Jeff Bridges to Film The Giver
- American Icons: The Great Gatsby
- Deaf Actors Play Tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Alan Cumming