Blood for Art
Friday, March 16, 2007
The art market is flooded with money. And that concerns an artists’ collective in San Francisco called Quorum. When they brought their etchings, paintings, and mixed-media to a big international art fair, every piece was priced the same: a single pint of blood, collected on-site by a local blood bank. You call it morbid – they call it egalitarian. Produced by Tania Ketenjian.
Fantastic interview. Love you, Alan! You were one of the main influences for me to get back into acting later ...
Really difficult to convey this as a "sound story" and it was done beautifully. Really compelling.
- Is Network TV Dead Yet?
- Rossellini’s Mammas & the Search for Dark Matter
- Deaf Actors Play Tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Live in-Studio: Dom La Nena
- American Icons: The Great Gatsby
- Alan Cumming & David Kwong
- Beauty in the Search for Dark Matter
- Alex Timbers and Here Lies Love
- Happy Birthday, Richard Wagner
- Alan Cumming