Tossing and Turning
Friday, May 18, 2007
Alan Berliner is a filmmaker and an insomniac. He says he does his best work and feels most alive late at night. His new film, Wide Awake, is part-insomnia diary and part-therapy session. It airs this week on HBO. Kurt Andersen drops in on Berliner at his studio in the middle of the night.
Fantastic interview. Love you, Alan! You were one of the main influences for me to get back into acting later ...
Really difficult to convey this as a "sound story" and it was done beautifully. Really compelling.
- Is Network TV Dead Yet?
- Rossellini’s Mammas & the Search for Dark Matter
- Deaf Actors Play Tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Live in-Studio: Dom La Nena
- American Icons: The Great Gatsby
- Alan Cumming & David Kwong
- Beauty in the Search for Dark Matter
- Alex Timbers and Here Lies Love
- Happy Birthday, Richard Wagner
- Alan Cumming