Rickie Lee Jones

Interview + Performance

Friday, December 11, 2009

Three decades after her debut, Rickie Lee Jones says her new album, Balm in Gilead, saved her life by helping her get over a tough breakup. It's also helping her audiences. She told Kurt, "When the tour started, people were weeping, but by the end of the tour, for some reason people began to giggle."

1. Danny’s All-Star Joint
    Artist: Rickie Lee Jones
    Album: Rickie Lee Jones
    Label: Reprise
  2. Little Yellow Town
    Artist: Rickie Lee Jones
    Album: Ghostyhead
    Label: Warner Bros

Rickie Lee Jones

Rhonda Jewel Brie' Celester from Boston MA, WBUR

Ah, my lovely, lovely, funky Ms. Rickie... I grew up listening to her and found her when digging thru dusty record bins. Thank the goddess for her divine unique musicality and integrity. I might not hear her on the radio that often but she constantly plays on my internal play list if not my mixes... thanks 360.

Dec. 28 2009 05:29 AM
Rhonda Jewel Brie' Celester from Boston< MA: WBUR

Dec. 28 2009 05:27 AM
R

I weep everytime I hear that song. Beautiful....just beautiful.

Dec. 17 2009 07:49 PM
gary j. moore from Staten Island

Rickie Lee, like Janis Ian, is one of the under-appreciated master singer/songwriters, way ahead of the pack.
Thank you for giving her a voice on national radio.

Dec. 13 2009 07:24 PM
gary j. moore from Staten Island

Rickie Lee is one of the unacknowledged master
singer/songwriters. She was WAY ahead of the current pack and, like Janis Ian, gets no respect or appreciation
from the masses. A shame! Thank you for giving her a chance to sing and talk to a national audience.

Dec. 13 2009 07:21 PM
dakota lane from woodstock

crying.

Dec. 12 2009 02:52 AM
Adam from San Mateo CA

Had not heard this voice in 20 yrs! How sweet and poignant it still is. Hers is one of those voices that could move you to tears just reading the phonebook. So much emotion in the silences between the words. Wow! The real thing!

Dec. 11 2009 09:49 PM