Michigan Central Depot

Feature

Saturday, October 12, 2002

A decaying, abandoned train station stands on the southwestern edge of downtown Detroit. It was built in 1913 as an opulent monument to the future of the city, but now memorializes Detroit's industrial ruin. The photographer Robert Polidori and the poet and urban planner Kristin Palm each look at what time has done to the station.

(Originally aired: May 16, 2002)

Contributors:

Tamar Charney

Leave a Comment

Email addresses are required but never displayed.