"Human Intelligence: A Holiday Tale"

Radio Drama

Friday, December 23, 2011

This is what Kurt Andersen considers a holiday tale ... melting ice caps and extraterrestrial spies? Kurt's story, "Human Intelligence," was produced for radio by Jonathan Mitchell, and stars Melanie Hoopes, John Ottavino, and Ed Herbstman. The unabridged version was published last year in Stories: All New Tales, an anthology edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio.

(Originally aired: December 24, 2010)

1. I'm a Spy
    Artist: Jonathan Mitchell
    Album: original music composed by Jonathan Mitchell
  2. No More Questions/Phoning the Director
    Artist: David Shire
    Album: The Conversation (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Label: Intrada
  3. Bugs
    Artist: Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, & Reinhold Heil
    Album: he International (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Label: Varese Sarabande
  4. Raiders March
    Artist: John Williams
    Album: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Label: Concord Music Group
  5. Quartz
    Artist: Brian Eno
    Album: Music for Films
    Label: Astralwerks
  6. The Test
    Artist: John Williams
    Album: Black Sunday (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  7. Death of Rat
    Artist: Alexandre Desplat
    Album: Fantastic Mr. Fox (Additional Music from the Original Score)
    Label: ABKCO (US)
  8. Ding! Dong!
    Artist: Sufjan Stevens
    Album: Songs for Christmas (box set)
    Label: Asthmatic Kitty

Jonathan Mitchell

Jenny from Studio 360

Hi Zsolt -- Sorry for the delayed response -- it seems to be working now for me -- you?

Dec. 29 2012 04:29 PM
Zsolt from New york

I heard only part of the story on radio and when I go online to hear the whole story, the file is incomplete. Help!

Dec. 23 2012 01:04 AM
Tim Kelly from Pittsburgh

Just happened to be out shopping for my wife and caught the entire story by chance. It's was great fun and I hope you continue to air it at Christmastime.

Dec. 22 2012 09:04 PM
john from Salt Lake City,Utah

Replayed the story on dec17,2012 and was cut off from the voice in the middle of the story? So was my friend in North Carolina.

Dec. 17 2012 09:37 PM
JP from Frederick, MD

Just finished listening to this online after getting hooked to the broadcast but running out of time to hear the end. A great tale, well told. Cheers.

Jan. 01 2012 05:47 PM
Oona

I was caught spell-bound in my driveway, listening intently to this story. It was simply perfection to end a long workday feeling a sense of wonder. Thank you Sound 360 and Mr. Gaiman.

Dec. 27 2011 10:15 PM
liz from new york

I was delighted by your good-natured alien story! I heard it again,today, so thanks for the podcast, too! What a thoughtful gift for your listeners. Thank you very much.

Dec. 27 2011 08:30 PM
Gael Eichler from A little blue orb.

I was making a last minute attempt to find an open grocery store when this story came on the radio (I didn't find a grocery store open), and instead spent the next half hour driving around to finish listening to the story before going home. Loved it.

Dec. 26 2011 03:06 PM
Marijane

Heard this in the car saturday, so smart and entertaining and well done! I want my whole family to hear. is there nothing Kurt Anderson can't do?

Dec. 25 2011 11:06 PM
thomas korman from conway,pa

We heard this while driving home from my sister-in-law's house yesterday! We loved it! Perfect blend of sci-fi and subtle humor!

Dec. 25 2011 10:50 AM