Listener Challenge: Jingles for Obama and Romney

Listener Challenge

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 12:00 PM

Still from Roy Disney's 1952 Eisenhower campaign ad Still from Roy Disney's 1952 Eisenhower campaign ad

Back in the days of “I Like Ike,” presidential candidates hired Madison Avenue ad men to come up with winning jingles.  These days, campaign ads are all message, no flair.  We want you to come up with an original jingle for one or more of the presidential candidates.

The deadline to be considered for our contest is Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM EDT.

UPDATE: Listen to the winners of our contest.

Thanks to everyone who participated — we were so impressed by your creativity and skill.

Need some inspiration?
Here are a couple of early submissions:

HOW TO ENTER:

→ STEP 1 - Create your jingle

Sing it, score it, your jingle can take any form — the catchier the better!

There are only two rules:

1. Your jingle must be less than a minute long
  2. You must include the name of at least one presidential candidate

→ STEP 2 -
 Upload your jingle here:

DropBox - Send us your jingle

Feel free to send us as many jingles as you’d like.

→ STEP 3 - Listen to all the other jingles submitted

Questions?  Post them below or e-mail us.

Tags:

More in:

Judy Klass from Nashville

I wrote and recorded a jingle before the deadline last Sunday and sent it through Dropbox; I hope it was received. I wish I knew how to find out, and I wish I could add it to the jingles that people can listen to. It's on soundcloud, but I haven't used that before . . .

Nov. 03 2012 03:07 PM
Dante Mann from Ann Arbor, MI

I realize I have passed the deadline for the competition, but I submitted a new Mitt Romney jingle, "Count On Mitt". Check it out! It is inspired by many of the old time jingles from the 1920's, 30's, 50's and 60's.

Oct. 29 2012 02:33 PM
Jenny

Hi Tom -- We played a couple jingles on this week's show (not Top 5, just some submissions we enjoyed). We'll play the winner next week (11/3-4).

Oct. 29 2012 12:09 AM
Tom Dwyer from jersey city

Are we going to hear the top five jingles today---Sunday the 28th of October and hear the winner when?

Oct. 28 2012 01:55 PM
Brian from Reston, VA

Here's my entry to the election jingle contest (to the melody of Bibbedy, bobbedy, boo):

Women in binders,
Voting fraud finders,
That's what Republicans do;

Put 'em together and what have you got?
Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, BOO!

Happy Halloween.

BF

Oct. 20 2012 03:21 PM

Kirby,
Yes, you can hear what's been submitted so far on SoundCloud:
Enjoy!
Leital

Oct. 17 2012 12:40 PM
Kirby Bonds from Phoenix, AZ

is there a way to listen to submissions in the political jingle contest?

Oct. 17 2012 12:10 PM